Get Your Groove On with Online Music Services
October 25, 2021 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Online via Zoom
This is the online page for your class. On this page you will find information about the class, links and resources and the class handout/slides that you can download and optionally print.
Also, the table at the bottom of the page includes online lessons about the topics we will explore during class. Click on the lesson titles to access this additional information.
You are invited to join the Senior Tech Club. At the bottom of the page, you will find a button that will take you to the membership registration page.
Music is good for us. Research has shown that listening to music can reduce anxiety, blood pressure, and pain as well as improve sleep quality, mood, mental alertness, and memory.
Today most music listeners are using online music streaming services to get their music groove on. And there are choices to make not only in the service you choose but how you listen to your music.
This workshop will help you explore some of the popular music services and approaches for bringing music to your life.
The learning agenda in this workshop includes:
- Identify the benefits of music listening to your life.
- Remember when your car had an eight-track player? We’ll have fun remembering the history of music delivery.
- Help you explore the popular music services, their catalogs and their costs. We’ll compare Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube and Pandora.
- We like FREE. Let’s explore a couple of approaches to find music online for FREE.
- My phone no longer has a headphone jack! Explore common approaches for playing music including in your car and home.
We want to help you get your groove on with music. It’s good for you!
This class is for all users of smartphones and computers who have access to the Internet.
View Class Sides
Download Class Handouts/Slides
You can download the class handout/slides from the link below. If you prefer, you can optionally print the slides for your reference during class.
Music Is Good for You - Links and Resources
Here are resources that are cited when discussion the benefits of music listening:
Online Music Services - Help & Resources
Help Center: https://support.spotify.com/us/
Website: https://support.spotify.com/us/ (Includes link for three month trial)
Help Center: https://music.amazon.com/help
Help Center: https://support.google.com/youtubemusic/
Help Center: https://help.pandora.com/
Join the Senior Tech Club. It is FREE to join.